Forum

Large quanity packaging

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Large quanity packaging

Postby brent » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 pm

My wife and I go through a awful lot of product and normally buy it in the largest quanites possible, which means the big plastic containers. Which also means we throw away (or recycle) alot of the same big plastic containers, and I imagine they are pricey to produce and ship. Have you guys ever thought about shipping refill quanites in the bags?
brent

Re: Large quanity packaging

Postby steve-born » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Hello Brent -

We're still waiting for it to happen (we're looking at mid-to-late summer) but we've already planned on moving away from the bulky, plastic containers and going with large, resealable pouches. We've been wanting to do this for awhile and it appears that the majority of our customers have wanted it as well. I don't know all the specs but I would imagine that this new packaging will be significantly lighter and more compact... I know that I'm going to be saving a ton of shelf space with the new packaging as compared to the plastic containers!

You can see the new packaging in the 2010 catalog. If you don't have a copy you can download one at http://www.hammernutrition.com/download ... og-7mb.pdf

Sincerely-

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby Mitch_S » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 am

I'm a little sad to see the packaging change. I am able to recycle the plastic containers, but the resealable bags will have to go into the garbage. I understand the logistical and shipping difficulties, though. Just my $0.02.

Mitch
Mitch_S

Postby duncan16 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

@Mitch:
Maybe Hammer can consult with Sun Chips and see if their new packaging can be used? Sun Chips now has a biodegradable bag that they are distributing all of their chips in now. Just my $0.02 ;)
duncan16

Return to Endurance Forum