Forum

PSA Usage ?

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

PSA Usage ?

Postby ryanlrosscpa » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:55 am

I noticed recently that the website gives different usage for PSA caps than the bottle does. Bottle says to take with fruit juice 1 hour away from meals. The website does not mention the need to consume with fruit juice. I have been using for sometime and would prefer not to consume the fruit juice if I did not have to. Any guidance?
ryanlrosscpa

Re: PSA Usage ?

Postby steve-born » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:21 am

Hello Ryan -

When Dr. Bill Misner developed the product he hypothesized that taking the product with a small amount of carbohydrates (he simply mentioned juice) may increase absorption and bioavailability of some of the components in the product. However, I don't think that's absolutely necessary (I just take the product with water), which is why we changed the information on our website. As soon as we design the new labels for PSA Caps I plan on having that "take with juice" verbiage removed from there.

So just take the product with water and away from protein-containing foods (they will interfere with the absorption of the amino acids in the product) and you'll be just fine. What I do is leave my bottle of PSA Caps on the bedside table. I'll take my nighttime dose when I go to bed and my daytime dose when I wake up, both with just plain water. I think that's the easiest way to remember to take it, while also ensuring that you're taking the product away from protein-containing foods.

I hope this helps clarify things for you.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum