Forum

Stomach Flu ?

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Stomach Flu ?

Postby fit4outdoors » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:56 am

Hello--I am reaching out to my fellow athletes for some advice. This may be alittle gross and graphic, I apologize. Last night I got hit by something, I assume a stomach flu ro stomach virus. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I started feeling a little nausea but thought I may have been hungry as it was past dinner time. When I got home I had to go to the bathroom and had almost water type diareaha. then about 45 minutes after dinnner I violently puked. This all continued on a bout a two hour cycle through the night with both things happening. Eventually all that was coming out was clear water. I was in a body sweat too. Finally got some sleep and had some water an ice and it stayed down. Got a little more sleep. Woke up now and have had clear diareaha once, so far nausea has stopped.

i have my first sprint triathlon Sat., tomorrow, I usually do very well there. Fastest Overall female last year. I was really excited for the race, but now am nervous as my body is weak and I am concerned about the symptoms. I can say I do feel alot better right now as i am writing this.

Can you advise on what I should eat and drink prior to and durng the race due to this sudden illness. Not sure what could have caused the sickness as I did not eat out all week, just fixed food at home. The only thing that may have been different was Thursday at the pool the lifeguard was spraying something on the side of the pool and scrubbing it. Never had that done while swiming before.

Look forward to hearing your advice. Thank you.
fit4outdoors

Return to Endurance Forum