Forum

marking endurance amino

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

marking endurance amino

Postby jrawlins » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I've begun following Hammer's advice and taking Endurance Amino and Anti-Fatigue hourly during long rides. Wow, what a difference--hard to believe! I'm finishing centuries strong and cheerful now. But the two caps are almost identical in appearance, and I don't want to stop and take out the jeweler's loupe or dig into two separate baggies. Anyone know an easy way to mark, dye, or stain one pill or the other so finding one of each is easy? Right now I'm soaking EA in soy sauce--it works but there must be a better way.

JR
jrawlins

Re: marking endurance amino

Postby mangumc » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I feel your pain, JR. Now, with the new size of Endurolyte, it is next to impossible to distinguish from Endurance Amino. I mistakenly mixed the two supplements in a pill bottle and gave up later trying to figure out which was which. Hammer, please help us to identify these supplements from each other. Maybe add some natural color?

Chris M
Chris Mangum
Raleigh, NC
mangumc

Postby steve-born » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am

Hi all -

We are looking into the possibility of using different color and/or an opaque capsule on at least some of the products. If we can do so without negatively affecting the shelf life/potency of the product, and if we can keep the cost down, it is something we're definitely going to seriously consider. Until then, the best thing to do (IMHO) is to follow the recommendations listed on the "Capsule carrying made easier" blog post (http://www.hammernutrition.com/blog/?s= ... &loc=en_US).

The reason I suggest keeping Endurolytes separate from Anti-Fatigue Caps and/or any other supplement you may be taking during workouts and races is because your dose of Endurolytes may oftentimes change on an hourly basis. The dose of other supplements, such as Anti-Fatigue Caps, Race Caps Supreme, Mito Caps, Endurance Amino (and possible others), will most likely not change on an hourly basis.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby jrawlins » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:34 pm

I posted the original query, and I've found a solution, at least until Steve finds those colored capsules. You can buy, at craft stores, edible food-markers, just like Sharpies only food coloring. I just put stripes down the side of the EA capsules--labor intensive but seems to be durable. Expensive--four pens cost 9$. You could color-code every Hammer capsule you take, though you really only need to code the ones you take hourly/frequently and that aren't distinctive already.

JR
jrawlins

Postby dulles29 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 am

JR

I have a small pill container that has 5 slots in it. Each slot has space for 1 RCS, 1EA, 1AF, 1MITO. Small/compact and fits in jersey or fanny pack. That is my hourly dose at 2 hours and beyond. I keep my Endurolytes separate in the small red or clear/round, easily closed container from Hammer. Costs very little thru them.

Has worked for me for years.

Steve
dulles29

Return to Endurance Forum