Forum

The knock on strength training

The knock on strength training

Postby aphillippi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 am

I have read articles as well as received a lot of negative feedback on stength training as it pertains to the benefits for a road cyclist. The old addage of "he just needs a few more thousand hours on the bike" seems to be the prevailing theory. The common training regimen calls for any significant strength training to be done in the off season to work on weak areas of the body but stay away from in season strength training.
So with all that said how does the Globus regimen fit into that scheme?? I have been using my Globus mostly for Active Recovery and Massage. Comments/thoughts on its benefits during the competition season.
aphillippi

Re: The knock on strength training

Postby jason-keister » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Hello,

Take a look at the most recent Globus blog post here:

http://www.hammernutrition.com/blog/wan ... -strength/

for a different take on in-season strength training with the Globus. The Globus offers advantages over traditional strength training, and allows even more control over your workouts. Since you can have complete control over intensity, you can more accurately predict what the additional load will be on the body and what it's impact will be on your recovery. It's also easier to isolate particular muscle groups, and it takes far less time to get a workout in. The use of Active Recovery post workout also allows the body to recover much faster from both the Globus workout as well as the earlier run, bike, swim, etc. workout. Take a look at the article and let me know if you have any additional questions. If you could post you name in the future so we know who we're talking to it would be most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jason
jason-keister

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation