Forum

Compex explosive strength

Compex explosive strength

Postby basketball3 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:17 pm

The last couple of months I been heavy squatting to jump high but it seems to have hurt my knees and i lost my ability to dunk. I stop squatting and my knees are better. Would using my compex explosive strength program with no other training increase my vertical leap?
basketball3

Re: Compex explosive strength

Postby levi-hoch » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello basketball3,

This is a great application for your EMS device. Although you should not completely replace conventional exercise with EMS, you can replace your heaviest weight lifting with the Strength and Explosive Strength programs. If you are able to continue squatting with weight then do so but with lighter weights and reserve your "heavy lifting" for an Explosive Strength and/or Strength session on your Compex. This will prevent excessive stress to your knees and still thoroughly develop your fast twitch muscle fiber used in jumping. You should allow at least 48 hours between training sessions on the same muscle. Always follow EMS training sessions with Active Recovery.

You can even use Massage, Recovery Plus, or Active Recovery on you knees to aid in healing if you've injured them via weight lifting. The Compex European pad placement chart has a knee pad placement option. You should run the recovery programs often (daily if you are able).

I also highly recommend taking daily doses of Tissue Rejuvenator and EndurOmega for your knees. These will help reduce pain and inflammation, aid in recovery from the injury, help maintain connective tissue health, and provide numerous other general health benefits as well. EndurOmega is one of the most important supplements you can take for general health.

Let me know if you have additional questions or concerns and best of luck in your healing and muscle development!

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Postby basketball3 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Would the Tissue Rejuvenator and EndurOmega heal my knee pain and back pain? My lower back area would tighten up after sitting down for a long time. When I get up I feel a sharp pain and I would have to straighten my back slowly because of the pain.
basketball3

Postby levi-hoch » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

They will certainly help. Taking daily doses of both these products is one of the best things you can do for your knees and back. Most people have very positive results.

I also recommend daily Compex Massage sessions on your lower back if you can allocate the time for it. Be sure to not neglect your glutes as tightness in your lower back can often stem from the glutes. You could run 2 channels to your lower back while utilizing the other 2 channels on your glutes and massage them both simultaneously to save time.

I wish you the best of luck in managing these conditions and recovering from them.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Postby basketball3 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm

For the 30-Minute EMS Consultation how does that work? My main question would focus around the explosive strength program on the quads, hamstrings, and calves to increase vertical leap, quickness, etc.
basketball3

Postby levi-hoch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:22 pm

The FREE 30 minute consultation we include with new Compex or Globus purchases is intended to get a new use up to speed and comfortable using their device. New users often have questions about intensity, frequency of use, pad placement, and even program navigation that we talk them through as they use the device for the first time.

We also offer advanced consultations for $60/hour that you can use to get questions answered and we can offer suggestions on how to efficiently incorporate EMS into your existing training. Feel free to call me at 800-336-1977 to purchase an advanced consultation or you can order it online.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation