Forum

Pad Placement Question

Pad Placement Question

Postby ibike365 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:24 am

I've been using my Compex for a few months now and I just found this video:
http://www.shopcompex.com/training/electrode-placements

I mostly use the Compex on my quads, so I'll limit my question to that muscle group.

I've been using the large 2x4 pad on the top of the leg where the muscles start, and placing a 2x2 pad at the other end of the muscles. In the video it shows placing the 2x2 pad on top of the muscle (kind of in the middle).

Does it make a lot of difference?

Thanks,
Charles
ibike365

Re: Pad Placement Question

Postby levi-hoch » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 am

Hello Charles,

I just watched the video you shared and I don't know that I'm understanding your question. In the video, the large 2x4 pad is placed at the top of the quadriceps near the hip and the small 2x2 pads are used at the end of the quadriceps by the knee. This is the way I've generally done it and it's pretty effective. The Compex pad placement guide has a good quadriceps pad placement that's shown in image #23. This is ideal for Endurance, Resistance, Strength, and Explosive Strength. This pad placement can also be used for the recovery programs but instead of sitting upright in a chair with your ankles restrained to prevent involuntary extension of your legs as you would for the workout programs, you should allow your legs to extend in front of you in a relaxed position (ideally, in a reclined position). For the recovery programs, it can also be beneficial at times to use the pad placement shown in image #22 where you would use only 2 of the 2x4 pads per quadriceps which would only require the use of 2 lead wires. This frees up the other 2 lead wires that you can use simultaneously on another muscle group saving you time in the long run. An example of this application is shown in image #19 where the figure uses a total of 8 2x4 pads between his hamstrings and calves and uses the recovery program on both muscle groups at the same time. If you desire to recover all the major muscle groups in your lower body for example, you could use pad placement #22 with #18, stimulating your quads and calves simultaneously, then turn over and do your hamstrings and glutes using the same principle. You would be able to recover all your major lower body muscles in only 48 minutes (2x the 24 minute Active Recovery).

There are other pad placement options but for the most part, the pad placement guide that comes with your device is pretty effective for stimulating most of the common areas in your body.

I hope this was helpful to you, please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Postby vitaminjnut » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm

would these pad placements figures apply to the Globus also?
vitaminjnut

Postby levi-hoch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello vitaminjnut,

Yes, of course! The principle is the same, just a different brand accomplishing the same thing.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation