Forum

Active Recovery / Massage / Stretch Relax

Active Recovery / Massage / Stretch Relax

Postby joeackerman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Was looking for some feedback on using the active recovery, massage or stretch reflex programs on my globus unit prior to riding. Specifically any guidance on how much time to allow in between running these programs and my planned trained training session for that day?? Just wondering if it would be counterproductive to run these programs on my legs close to a workout?

Thanks for any feedback

Joe
joeackerman

Re: Active Recovery / Massage / Stretch Relax

Postby levi-hoch » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 am

Dear Joe,

I recommend running the Warmup program instead. The recovery programs are specifically designed to relax the muscles and encourage endorphin release and may not be ideal for a pre-workout program. The Warmup program runs at a similar hertz as the recovery programs but doesn't trickle down to the lowest hertz that encourage relaxation and endorphin release. You want to feel energetic and ready to go when you begin your workout and warm up the muscles without fatiguing them and Warmup should do that very effectively.

My advice is to save the recovery programs (Active Recovery, Massage, and Stretch Relax) for after the workout as you'll get the maximal benefit from these programs at this time.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation