Forum

Nordic Skiing

Nordic Skiing

Postby Ernst81 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 am

Has anyone found a Nordic Skiing training protocal like the one already in circulation for Triathlon, Bikeing and Running. If one is not avalible, would someone advise of modifications to the Bikeing one to make is closer to Nordic Skate Skiing. Thanks
Ernst81

Re: Nordic Skiing

Postby jason-keister » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:40 am

Hi Ernst,

I would say that the running protocol would be most relevant to XC Skiing. I would definitely add in some bicep and tricep work to adapt the program more specifically, but the recommended programs and routines for running would be very pertinent for your sport. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jason
jason-keister

Re: Nordic Skiing

Postby jbruskewitz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Ernst,

I echo what Jason says about which training plan to use for Nordic skiing. Since it is such a complete body sport, I wouldn't hesitate to train the latissimus dorsi and the abdominals as well. I know that time for NMES training becomes an issue at some point. You may consider emphasizing a muscle group that you feel is weaker than the rest. You could also cycle through muscle groups that are trained, but don't switch the group of muscles trained more than every three weeks. It will take that long for the first significant increases in strength to occur.

Jim Bruskewitz
jbruskewitz

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation