Forum

EMS for delt overtraining

EMS for delt overtraining

Postby 53X11 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi guys, I've managed to overtrain my medial deltoid with my winter kettlebell training. I couldn't raise my arm up for a couple of days without major pain. It's getting better but I've stopped my resistance training for a while. (riding the bike for 3 hours doesn't affect it too much :D thank God)

Would a Compex Sport be able to help reduce the recovery time for this type of injury? I'm also trying to justify a potential purchase of a Compex. I know these can do wonders for training and general recovery. I'm hoping they can assist with strain and over training equally as well.

Thanks
53X11

Re: EMS for delt overtraining

Postby casey-becker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi 53X11,

We would greatly appreciate if you could please post your name in your responses in the future.

While I/we can't provide medical advice, nor are we qualified to, I believe you would find relief and expedited recovery time for your deltoid with use of the Compex Sport Elite unit, specifically the Recovery Plus and the Massage programs that are available on that particular unit. The Recovery Plus program will help with your bodies natural endorphin release to help ease pain and end with muscle relaxing effect. The Massage program operates at a very low frequency (1Hz) which is the same muscle relaxing effect that you receive toward the end of the Recovery Plus program. This is a very useful tool to help bring fresh blood into the muscle tissue to aid in expediting the healing time and your recovery process.

Here is a link from our site with that will give you an idea as to what each programs intended use is: http://www.hammernutrition.com/download ... -Guide.pdf

I hope that you will find this information helpful. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help assist you with anything that we can.

Regards,

Casey
casey-becker

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation