Forum

Question about Training Guide

Question about Training Guide

Postby ibike365 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Searching around on the Hammer site I found this interesting PDF which shows a sample weekly training calendar for cyclists and how to use e-stim along with regular training.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/download ... aining.pdf

Could someone explain to me what the meaning is of the "blue" or "purple" blocks for e-stim? Also a little info on what is meant by Globus/split?

Thanks for clarification.

- Charles
ibike365

Re: Question about Training Guide

Postby levi-hoch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Charles,

I personally find these sample training calendars a bit confusing and complicated. In this PDF, the blue "Globus" tabs denotes muscle groups with a primary training emphasis and the dark purple "Globus/split" denotes muscle groups that are trained with a secondary emphasis. Globus is the name of a different brand of muscle stimulator we used to sell. These training calendars are just examples of what you can do and are not specific for what you should do. For the best information on how to most efficiently incorporate EMS training into your existing training program I recommend either scheduling an advanced consultation or at least reviewing the Compex articles in the Endurance News magazines from the past couple of years. This is the best EMS training resource I'm aware of and I highly recommend reading some of the articles in the archived copies. Check out the article on pages 28, 29 in the latest edition (issue 85) especially. This article breaks down and simplifies the basic principles of training with the Compex and might make it easier to understand.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Re: Question about Training Guide

Postby Luk » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:39 pm

This information is helpful for me too, thanks
Luk

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation