Kevin Pawlik Jr , flies first across the finish line, winning the Cat 5 Sunny King Criterium in Anniston, AL. Photo by Teressa Pawlik
If you’re a cyclist involved in a multi-day stage race, this Race Day Boost protocol – while not having any specific scientific studies to back it – has been proven quite successful with hundreds and hundreds of cyclists over the years:
1) Follow the same 4-day loading protocol as is usually recommended:
- Take 1 level teaspoon of Race Day Boost powder 4 times per day, for 4 days prior to competition. We suggest mixing each teaspoon serving in 3-4 ounces of warm/hot water. After the powder dissolves consume immediately. 2-4 ounces of fruit juice and/or ice can be added if desired.
- If using Race Day Boost capsules, take 2 capsules 4 times 4 times per day, with food, for 4 days prior to competition.
NOTE: You may want to consider using the body weight-specific loading dose protocol as outlined in this blog post: Race Day Boost Loading Dose Protocol.
- There is no need to take Race Day Boost the day of the event. This is especially true of the powdered version of Race Day Boost, which contains glutamine, whereas the encapsulated formula does not.
2) Take 1 level teaspoon of Race Day Boost powder or 2 capsules of Race Day Boost capsules with your recovery drink as soon as possible after the race. Take another dose of Race Day Boost later in the day/ evening. If using the powdered form, mix in warm/hot water as described above.
3) Follow this twice-daily “maintenance dose” protocol after each stage.
4) There is no need to take Race Day Boost in the morning prior to the start of the next stage. And, as discussed above, this is especially true when using the powdered version of Race Day Boost.
Following this protocol will help you reap the powerful ergogenic benefits of Race Day Boost for every stage of the race, but without overwhelming your body with too much of the product. Of course, make sure you test Race Day Boost in your training prior to using it in a race.
Sign up for Endurance News for more Hot Tips!